Chiang Mai Kayaking & Zipline Adventure
2 Day Combo
2 Day Tour: Two Options for Kayaking on One Day and Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Eco-adventure Canopy Tour on the Second Day with Overnight Hotel Stay
6499 Baht per person
Float some of the most pristine and remote jungle river in Thailand, or swim and play on the Mae Ngat Reservoir with the whole family, stay overnight in a quality hotel and then experience the thrill of Asia’s #1 zipline eco-adventure.
Day 1 – Kayaking on the Chiang Dao river – Two routes – Jungle River or Mountain Views
*Operator’s choice based on the time of year and the weather.
Included with either River Option shown below – A or B:
- Pick Up: 8:30 am – Return Hotel : 5:30 pm
- Recommended fitness level: Good
- Highly maneuverable sit in and sit on top Kayaks
- Motivated Beginners are welcome but previous kayaking experience is helpful
- Lessons in basic river kayaking provided
- Must be able to swim or comfortable in the water
- Lunch, Snack and juice
- Maximum: 5 people with 2 instructors
- Overnight at IMM Thapae Hotel: in the heart of Chiang Mai, with easy access to all amenities and restaurants. Very comfortable 3 star hotel with free wifi.
Route A – Chiang Dao Jungle River
As the rains ease with the cool season and the hot dry season begins the slowly receding water levels allow us to enter deep in to the jungle and navigate through the lush and overgrown waterways of the northern Ping river. Winding itself through bamboo jungle and temperate forest you will enjoy an intimate view of forest kayaking north of Chiang Mai, a jewel in the crown of exploration in undisturbed nature. Abundant bird life, fish jumping and mysterious sounds from the forest accompany you on our journey.
- Trip: downstream south through Chiang Dao Jungle
- River grade: Class 1+
- Distance/Time: 17 km, 4-5 hours
- Highly maneuverable Sit On Top Kayaks
Route B: Chiang Dao Mountain Views
Starting 75 km north of Chiang Mai, this route reveals a beautiful valley with orchards, rice, corn fields and rolling hills. The famous Chiang Dao Massive mountain, the “last tooth of the Himalayas”, sticks out like a giant fin. At 2,225m tall with its jagged and sharp peaks, The Ping River, here swift and twisty, flows vigorously in the shadow of the Chiang Dao mountain. Every turn seems to present itself for a new photo opportunity as we drift south across the valley. A great place to learn the tricks of the trade without the harsh consequences of a Class 3 river. Is it crabs they are looking for as locals are snorkeling the river banks? Near the village of Chiang Dao you will enjoy a hearty lunch by the river.
- Trip: Crossing the Chiang Dao Valley
- River grade: Class 1+
- Distance/Time: 18 km, 4-5 hours
- Kayaks: Touring Kayaks- Sit In & Sit On Top kayaks
Play Day at the Lake
60km north of Chiang Mai stretches the Mae Ngat Reservoir, 18 km across Sirilanna National park. The leisure kayaker will enjoy a 14 km round trip past lush jungle and across open water scapes. In usually glassy conditions, pass floating house boats while enjoying the coolness of the lake. At a floating restaurant, we provide lunch and refreshments and a diving tower invites us for a dip while some might explore the bay on their own.
- Pick up 8:00 am – Return to hotel 5:30 pm All year rain or shine
- Trip: Sirilanna National Park Reservoir
- Lake condition: calm water
- Distance/Time: 14 km round trip, 2-3 hours
- Fitness level: Fair to Good
- Kayaks: Touring Kayaks- Sit In & Sit On Top (Double Kayaks on request)
- Novices are welcome
- Previous kayaking experience not neccessary
- Lessons in basic kayaking provided
- Be able to swim or comfortable in the water
Overnight Hotel Stay
Stay at IMM Thapae Hotel situated in the heart of Chiang Mai, with easy access to all amenities and restaurants. Very comfortable 3 stars hotel with free wifi.
Day 2: Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Eco-Adventure Canopy Tour
The highlight of the package is Flight of the Gibbon – a 3 hour, 5km zipline adventure high up in the rainforest canopy using ziplines and crossing skybridges taking in the glory and majesty of the old growth, high altitude pristine rainforest. A Thai lunch is served on your return followed by a beautiful trek up the impressive seven tiers of the Maekampong Falls nearby. Before you return to Chiang Mai there is a snack with locally grown organic Arabica coffee. Then it is into the VIP minibus and back to civilization.
- Free R/T transport from most all Chiang Mai locations in luxury, air-con vans – about one hour each way
- Approximately 3 hours covering 33 stations including multiple types of zipline, sky-bridges, treehouses and rappel descents
- Suitable for all ages*
- 3 course traditional Thai meal in a mountain village restaurant and complimentary bottled water.
- A chance to see wild gibbons
- Rainforest wildlife and vegetation education by our Sky Rangers
- Two Sky Rangers with every group of 9
- Safety briefing, custom outfitting and instruction
*The maximum weight is 130 kg (286 lbs) and each person must be at least 1 meter (3 feet 3 inches) tall to fit in the harness properly.